Friday, April 23, 2010

Great Gob of Chips


I am gonna share my love for potato chips...yep, chips just seem to pull me to them...I think a cold beer and potato chips are my weakness...well I know they are my weakness...How can I resist the salty goodness.


Did you know the inventor of potato chips was George Crum and in 1853 he worked as a chef in a resort in Saratoga Springs, NY. He had a dinner guest that complained about his french fries being to thick, so he decided to rile the guest and make them very thin and crispy and send them back to the guest and the plan backfired. The guest was estatic over the thin brown paper thin potatoes and other guest began to order them. If you would like to read the whole story on Potato Chips stop on over and check it out...Just click on Potato Chips...

The definition or function is: Snack food made of a thin slice of white potato that has been cooked until crisp and then usually salted. Also known as Saratoga Chips or potato crisps.

MMM....have you ever had Saratoga Chips?...My mouth is watering now..:)

Do you have a favorite type of potato chip?

I am a lover of plain old Lays and in the bag of lays there are alot that are folded over and that is the ones I go for first...Not the big ones sliced perfect..

But now I have another weakness Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos ...Oh lord I guess I do not have a favorite..I love them all...Gimmeee,Gimmeee,Gimmeee...Do you notice at any event just about they do have potato chips...yep...very smart of these event planners...

Hope you enjoyed my small story for today...now I must go eat some chips with my egg salad sandwich.

I wanna leave you with another small note as well...

I don't blog much and rarely have things to say....So I know I am very boring..:)

I just don't spend alot of time on the computer...Sorry....

I hope you all have a great weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment