Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My great Teacher...


Thanks so much for joining me in my blog journey...
What a better way to start it out then to tell you how I got started in crocheting.

My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was 5 or 6 years old...I sat on the living floor with her. And patiently she showed me how to do a single crochet stitch to start out and then we went to double and triple. My first project was a pot holder. And anyone that I gave a Christmas present to that year, got one of my great pot holders.

I crocheted for awhile then lost interest in it and never picked it up for many, many years down the road. The journey of growing up just took me in many differnt directions. The only thing that stayed the same was me still learning new hobbys and lifes lessons from and with my grandma. And still at the age of 34 and my grandma now 81....I am learning from her. Most girls have a special bond with there grandma that cannot be broken. (its a blessing bond to me.)

And now I hope once a month I can write a blog about a lesson taught or a lesson learned from my great teacher I call GRandmA....

3 comments:

  1. GREAT post, look forward to learning more about you! I SO miss my Grandma's, you are lucky!
    ~Michele from By Your Side

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I also look forward to hearing about you. I learned to crochet from my mom 49 years ago. Best Wishes to you!!
    Kris - Aprons by MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool work space!! Keep that hook flying, girl!!
    Following you!
    All the Best
    Dawn
    doe Studio

    ReplyDelete